Just bought a project

Series IIa specific forum

Just bought a project

Postby Lplgrl » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello, we have recently bought a IIa lightweight and are after a bulkhead.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sarah
Lplgrl
trainee

Re: Just bought a project

Postby FrogPart » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi. A S3 bulkhead , may be easier to find and probably in better condition. There are few differences , in the main you would have to hole-cut / drill to mount the fuel change-over Enots tap at side of footwell + holes for foot dip-switch in floor of footwell. If your basic rotten bulkhead is sound in frame , footwells and side hinge plates and the odd other parts are available - so repair may be a option. Or do you not have one at all :?
And I thought it was a thermostat !
FrogPart
Anorak

Postby Lplgrl » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:15 pm

I have 1,I can repair the bottom section not a problem if needs must, however the top section is totally gone.
Im keen to keep it original as its having a resto.
Lplgrl
trainee

Postby blueleggy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 pm

When you say top section, do you mean the top vent panel? (on the Lightweight the bulkhead is split into two parts).

Or do you mean the top of the bottom bulkhead?

Graham

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
1972 Series 3 GS
49FL64
Ashcroft high ratio transfer box
300di (non-turbo 300tdi) engine
blueleggy
Anorak

Postby Ridgy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Welcome to the forum Sarah. Might be worth posting up a photo or two - then we can see what you have to contend with.

Steve
57 KB 58 SIII GS lightweight
Ridgy
Apprentice

Postby Diffwhine » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi Sarah,
I understand that Pegasus are planning to make some new upper bulkheads up for the 2A. They need a donor unit as a template. I have a upper and lower bulkhead (both totally shot and beyond repair), which I just need time to get over to them so they can do the measurements. I need one too, so the more interest they get, the more likely they are to get on with the engineering and start some production. Its difficult to justify the time and resources if its just me asking for a one off! The more the merrier!
Considering the amount of work involved, I don't think their listed pricing is unreasonable.

I'm also doing a restoration on a 1968 one so face the same issues. I've sourced a reasonably good S3 bulkhead which I'll adapt to look like a 2A one. I think only the most pedantic person will spot the differences once it's installed and built up.

If anybody else is considering having a new upper 2A bulkhead panel made, do let me know and I'll be able to tell Pegasus to help them gauge demand.
1968 2A LWT 36 FG 71 slowly being resurrected from the graveyard...
Haslemere, Surrey, UK
Diffwhine
Apprentice

Return to Series IIa Lightweights