£500 for information Hybrid coil sprung V6 - long lost love

Sales and wants

£500 for information Hybrid coil sprung V6 - long lost love

Postby selfconfessedlunatic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Q354 GFR

Hi All,

I'm looking for a long lost love, built around 1992/3 time. It was a coil sprung lightweight with a ford V6 fitted. I'm offering £500 for information leading to the current address/ownerhip with a view to buying it. It has huge centimental value due to a bearevement. Last known to be in the Gloucester area.

Cheers Andy
selfconfessedlunatic
trainee

Re: £500 for information Hybrid coil sprung V6 - long lost l

Postby FrogPart » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:55 pm

✗ Untaxed

Tax due:
01 November 2004

------------

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you will have any joy. Possibly it is scrapped / broken for spares & DVLA not notified, or even 'under the radar in a illegal way'.

If not , a bit irregular but a legit owner if determined could have got rid of the "Q" plate that undermines any £ valuation. Using the bona-fide chassis No. - it could be running on a new age related plate ?

====

If you wish to keep as much as possibly of that £500 - don't ask trade types :) who can do additional searches - hire a private detective..
And I thought it was a thermostat !
FrogPart
Anorak

Postby selfconfessedlunatic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi,

Cheers for reply. To be honest I feared as much that it would (maybe) be broken for spares or driving around "under the radar" in some other disguise. I'm shocked though no one has come forward with even "there's one in the village but on ***** reg", surely there cannot be that many Lightweights around coil sprung V6 powered. I realise it's last been on the road in 04 but still showed it had a 3000cc engine back then.

Just hoping this gives someone a nudge of the grey matter!

Cheers
selfconfessedlunatic
trainee

Postby FrogPart » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Stage 2.

On account of coiler & engine changes , in particular the V6 - then I would say Ford Cologne or Essex , not so popular now but in their day - everybody I knew went to Steve Parker (Land Rovers) @ Rochdale , fitting kits etc. esp. for exhaust front pipes/manifold systems - why DIY when the work is all done well for you ?

So - I would enquire at parts counter & repair shop of SP , partsman or mechanic may recall. Or even SP himself , I must add - he terrified me :shock: in early 1980's on a "road-test demo." - his party trick on a certain local road..
And I thought it was a thermostat !
FrogPart
Anorak

Return to Sales and Wanted